Our School Aims
The broad aims for the school curriculum are:
- Provide high quality teaching experiences which excite and motivate children in the classroom and beyond
- Provide enrichment opportunities where learning and teaching can take place beyond the classroom
- Build up children’s confidence and motivation to learn through the use of a range of learning and teaching styles.
- Embed basic skills in order to prepare children for real-life and everyday situations.
- Provide opportunities to apply knowledge and learning in practical ways.
- Shape our curriculum to meet the needs of our children
- Involve our children in decision-making about their learning in pre learning sessions, allowing children choice and independence
- Immerse the children in the curriculum content
- Provide a purpose for learning to ensure children have a motivation to learn
- Closely monitor and assess progression in attainment and application of skills
- Help our children to transfer skills between different areas of the curriculum in order to encourage flexibility and resourcefulness and to enable them to use their strengths in one area to overcome challenges in another
- Ensure our children know what they are learning and WHY
- Allow time to engage, reflect and review –including peer and self-evaluation.
- Use a wealth of relevant resources –in classrooms, outdoors, in the local community and the wider area, including visits and visitors